|Artist(s)||Evyn Fong (cover)|
|Publisher(s)||Penguin Random House|
|Publication date||February 22, 2022|
|Format(s)||Hardcover, Digital, Audiobook|
Ranger-General. Banshee Queen. Warchief. Sylvanas Windrunner has borne many titles. To some, she is a hero . . . to others, a villain. But whether in pursuit of justice, vengeance, or something more, Sylvanas has always sought to control her own destiny.
The power to achieve her goals has never been closer, as Sylvanas works alongside the Jailer to liberate all Azeroth from the prison of fate. Her final task? Secure the fealty of their prisoner—King Anduin Wrynn.
To succeed, Sylvanas will be forced to reflect on the harrowing path that brought her to the Jailer’s side, and reveal her truest self to her greatest rival. Here, Sylvanas’ complete story is laid bare: from the breaking of the Windrunner family and her rise to Ranger-General; to her own death at the hands of Arthas and her renewed purpose in founding the Forsaken; to the moment she first beheld the Maw, and understood the true consequences of what lay beyond the veil of death. But as her moment of victory draws near, Sylvanas Windrunner will make a choice that may ultimately come to define her. A choice that’s hers alone to make.
- The audiobook version is read by Patty Mattson, Sylvanas' voice actor.
- As a full-life retelling of a character's history, Sylvanas is similar in theme and purpose to Golden's 2009 novel Arthas: Rise of the Lich King. According to Golden, Blizzard were aware of the similarities between the two and wanted to make sure that Sylvanas was "its own thing, unique to her" while also being mindful of what worked in Rise of the Lich King.
- The novel's release date was originally announced as November 9, 2021. It was later pushed back to February 2022, with Golden stating that Blizzard were taking some extra time to ensure that the book is "the best it can be".
- Cover art sketches
- ^ a b c d Blizzard Entertainment 2021-04-21. Warcraft®: Sylvanas Now Available for Pre-Purchase. Retrieved on 2021-04-21.
- ^ a b Christie Golden on Twitter (2021-06-17). Retrieved on 2021-06-17. “Hi all, many of you have contacted me re the date change to Feb. 22 for the Sylvanas novel. I'm sure you all can appreciate that a book of this magnitude & significance should be given the dedication it's due, so we're taking the extra time to make sure it's the best it can be!”
- ^ Christie Golden on Twitter (2021-04-21). Retrieved on 2021-04-22.