- Warforged Nightmare
- Binds when picked up
- Use: Teaches you how to summon this mount. The capabilities of this mount depend on your Riding skill and location.
- Requires Level 20
- Requires Apprentice Riding
The Warforged Nightmare is a product of molten metal, raw fire and fevered dreams. This terrifying steed was crafted from cold, hardened steel and vengeful spirits by grandmaster smiths, and gives the owner the ability to place a . This mysterious artifact has the power to summon a Warforged Nightmare for every member of your war party strong enough to handle the reins and worthy enough to be given the honor. The next time you rally your comrades to mount up and earn their keep, charging into battle astride this mount will embolden your friends, send your foes slinking for cover, and unleash unbridled chaos upon your enemies!
A nightmarish steed of hardened steel and vengeful spirits, this companion will follow you to the depths of the Firelands and back without complaint.
You and your friends can ride boldly into battle on this metal masterpiece.
Form a Nightmarish Posse - Charge into battle astride a Warforged Nightmare, unleashing unbridled chaos upon your enemies! Ownership of this terrifying steed, crafted from cold steel and vengeful spirits by grandmaster smiths, allows you to place a Nightmarish Hitching Post. This mysterious artifact has the power to summon a Warforged Nightmare for every member of your war party strong enough to handle the reins and worthy enough to be given the honor.
Notes and trivia
- Players who own this mount can place a Hitching Post every three minutes, which is only visible to party members. Interacting with it will apply the Nightmarish Reins buff to the user's mount, with the cast time of a regular mount.
- It was released on June 11, 2014, and was the eighth mount to join the in-game shop.
- This mount was inspired from the 's original concept. During Mists of Pandaria, the latter was supposed to come from a Pet Store item known as the Iron Hitching Post. It would have allowed party and raid members to make their mount appear as an "Iron Warhorse" for a limited amount of time. However, unlike the cosmetic helmets announced in the same blog post, the was never released. The idea was later incorporated into the Warforged Nightmare mount with the .
- Patch 5.4.8 (2014-05-20): Added.