Warlock patch history
|This is an archive of Warlock patch history.
- 1 Echoes of Doom
- 2 Fury of the Sunwell
- 3 The Gods of Zul'Aman
- 4 Voice chat
- 5 Before the Storm
- 6 Patch 1.12.1
- 7 Patch 1.12.0
- 8 Patch 1.11.0
- 9 Patch 1.10.2
- 10 Patch 1.10.0
- 11 Patch 1.9.0
- 12 Patch 1.8.0
- 13 Patch 1.7.0
- 14 Patch 1.6.0
- 15 Patch 1.5.0
- 16 Patch 1.4.0
- 17 Patch 1.3.0
- 18 Patch 1.2.0
- 19 Patch 1.1.1
- 20 Patch (2004-11-07)
This page is a summary of all extracted details Warlock patch history and Bug fixes.
Echoes of Doom
- (Destruction) - Now a 2-point talent, down from 5.
- All demon abilities and spells will automatically be learned as pets gain levels. Demon Master trainers will be removed.
- Avoidance (Felguard): Now reduces damage taken from area of effect attacks by an additional 80% and is automatically learned for the Succubus, Imp, Voidwalker, and Felhunter at level 10.
- now reduces the cast time of your Haunt spell.
- now works raid-wide (not just in party).
- (Destruction) - Now also increases your chance to hit with Destruction spells by 1% per point.
- now does Fire damage instead of Chaos damage.
- can now only be cast on targets afflicted by Shadowflame.
- (Voidwalker): Duration reduced to 6 seconds, and effect increased 66%. Now also greatly increases all nearby allies’ stealth detection while channeled.
- Curse of Doom will now only summon a Doomguard if the target yields experience or honor.
- will no longer prevent Fear effects, only prevent NPCs from fleeing (e.g. at low health).
- : Tooltip updated to be more consistent with other similar effects and now restores 200% mana leeched from your summoned Demon, up from 100%.
- - Now increases healing done by spells and effects by 20%, but no longer has in-combat health regeneration.
- Demonic Circle now lasts for 6 mins.
- will no longer work on enslaved demons.
- , and are no longer Magic effects and cannot be dispelled.
- Succubus effect reduced to 10% increased shadow damage, down from 15%.
- Imp effect reduced to 10% increased fire damage, down from 15%.
- Felguard effect now increases Fire and Shadow damage, instead of just Shadow.
- Doomguard: Health increased 20%, mana increased 24%.
- will now cause four times the damage if the target is at or below 25% health.
- will no longer affect Shadow Bolt and affects Haunt instead.
- Emberstorm (warlock talent) now reduces the cast time of your incinerate by 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5 seconds.
- - Now increases your spell damage equal to 30% of your total Spirit, but no longer increases healing done by spells and effects by 20%.
- Felguard: Health increased by 10%.
- Felhunter: and have been replaced with and .
- (Felhunter): Increases total Intellect and Spirit of party and raid members by 3%. Lasts until cancelled.
- (Demonology) has been merged with into .
- will now heal for 100%.
- now costs 15% of base mana.
- Infernal: Cooldown reduced to 15 minutes, down from 1 hour. Duration reduced to 1 minute, down from 5 minutes+. Health increased by 30%, damage increased by 60%, and armor increased by 30%.
- now summons an Infernal which lasts for 1 minute.
- Imp: Health increased by 20% , Armor increased 16%, mana regeneration increased 200%.
- (Affliction) is now "Frailty" - Increases the amount of attack power reduced by your Curse of Weakness spell by 10/20%, and increases the amount of armor reduced by your Curse of Recklessness by 10/20%.
- (Demonology) is now a Tier 5 talent, up from Tier 4.
- (Destruction) and (Destruction) have been merged into one talent, .
- Improved Shadow Bolt (Destruction) - Now increases damage by your next Shadow damage spells by 3/6/9/12/15%, down from 4/8/12/16/20%.
- : Tooltip updated to be more consistent with other similar effects.
- Master Demonologist (Demonology) - Most effects have been altered.
- Master Demonologist – Felguard (Demonology) - Now increases all damage by 1/2/3/4/5%, and reduces all damage done to you by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Master Demonologist – Imp (Demonology) - Now increases Fire damage by 1/2/3/4/5%, and critical hit chance with Fire spells by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Master Demonologist – Succubus (Demonology) - Now increases Shadow damage by 1/2/3/4/5%, and critical hit chance with Shadow spells by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- has been reworked. It now has a 10/20/30% chance when you’re hit with a spell to reduce all damage by that spell school by 60% for 10 seconds.
- New Talent: (Demonology) - Grants your Summoned Demon power for a short time.
- New Talent: (Affliction) - Your Corruption, Siphon Life and Curse of Agony ticks have a 5/10/15% chance to increase your spell haste by 20% for 8 sec. This effect has a 10 second cooldown.
- New Talent: (Affliction): Your Felhunter gains mana equal to 50/100% of the damage done by its Shadow Bite ability, and increases the effect of your Felhunter’s Fel Intelligence by 1/2%.
- New Talent: Molten Core (Destruction) - Your Shadow spells and damage over time effects have a 5/10/15% chance to increase the damage of your Fire spells by 10% for 6 sec.
- (Destruction) - Now also includes Conflagrate.
- (Doomguard): A bug has been fixed which caused each tick of Rain of Fire to consume its mana cost.
- : Charges increased to 25, up from 10.
- (Felhunter): Deals Shadow damage plus an additional 5% Shadow damage over time effect on the target. 6 second cooldown.
- (Destruction) - Can now be cast while moving. Stun duration increased to 3 seconds, up from 2.
- (Demonology) is now an 11-point talent (used to be a 31-point talent), but the 5% bonus damage from this talent has been removed. In addition, the damage absorbed by Soul Link is now 15%, down from 20%.
- (Affliction): Now also increases the damage of your Drain Soul.
- now generates a log entry indicating who casted and received a soulstone.
- (Felhunter) global cooldown removed.
- Succubus: Health increased by 20%, armor increased 22%.
- Summon Dreadsteed/Felsteed: Mana cost removed, global cooldown removed.
- (Affliction) is now a 3-point talent, down from 5. Now increases your chance to hit with Affliction spells by 1/2/3%, down from 1/2/3/4/5%.
- (Affliction): Silence effect reduced to 3 seconds, down from 5.
- Voidwalker: Health increased by 20%, Damage increased by 16%. The amount of attack power the Voidwalker gains from its master’s spell damage has been increased by 45%.
Fury of the Sunwell
- Curse of Shadows: This spell has been removed.
- Curse of Elements: This spell now applies to Arcane and Shadow damage, as well as Frost and Fire.
- , , and are no longer Magic effects and cannot be dispelled.
- : This ability will now cancel channeling when the target pet is Banished.
- : The mana cost of this spell will now be properly deducted when cast.
- Summon Felsteed is now available at level 30.
- The heal aspect of felhunter will now display in the Combat Log.
- The Succubus will now behave properly while under the effects of .
- : This ability will now interact correctly with the Spirit Guide resurrection system in battlegrounds. A sacrificed pet will not be resummoned on death. Warlocks will still be able to resurrect with the pet they last summoned (non-sacrificed pets), even if it has since died.
- : Channeling of this spell will now always stop when a player target dies.
- Pets: Using a sacrifice effect to kill your own pet will no longer trigger effects that should only occur when killing an enemy.
- now has a tooltip.
- : This buff will no longer remain on enslaved demons when Enslave Demon is removed. It will now increase your spell damage by an amount equal to 4/8/12%, down from 5/10/15%.
- : Now works properly in sanctuary regions (such as Shattrath City and the Stair of Destiny).
- Emberstorm (warlock talent) now also reduces the cast time of your spell by 2/4/6/8/10%.
- : The buff from this talent will no longer interrupt capturing PvP flags and bases.
- : This talent now works correctly again with .
- can be used to summon players into instances if they meet the instance requirements.
- Sense Demon now persists after death.
- : Using low ranks of this spell will now be penalized the same way healing spells are penalized.
Also in this patch:
- Resilience: Now reduces the magnitude of mana draining effects by the same amount that it reduces critical strike damage. The Tooltip has been revised to reflect this.
The Gods of Zul'Aman
- can no longer be cast on targets tapped by other players or groups.
- : The Immolate debuff will now always be removed correctly when this spell is cast.
- and now reduce the amount healed when the warlock is affected by healing reducing effects (e.g. Mortal Strike, Wounding Poison).
- : This spell will no longer cause enemy spells to increase casting time or reduce channel time. It will also no longer prevent flag captures in Battlegrounds.
- (Destruction) now has a new, more distinct visual effect.
- now takes significantly less time to cast and complete.
- detonation will now obey line of sight.
- : This talent's effect can no longer trigger other effects.
- : This spell now gains additional benefit from spell damage bonuses. Base absorb value of rank 4 has been reduced.
- (Affliction) now increases damage by 2/4% and no longer affects Drain Mana.
- (Affliction): If a Warlock already has a particular spell cast on a target, reapplying before its duration ends will no longer grant an additional bonus.
- : The silence from this ability is now subject to diminishing returns.
- , , Enslave Demon and duration against PvP targets has been reduced to 10 seconds.
- : Immunity to Horror effects no longer grants immunity to the damage portion of this spell.
- : This effect will no longer deactivate when the Warlock's pet is Banished.
- : The tooltip for this spell will now update correctly when a Warlock is affected by spell haste.
- : This spell will now cause the Infernal's attacks to put the Warlock into combat with neutral town guards.
- (Felguard) will now cause damage to targets that are immune to stun.
- : This ability can now trigger while the Warlock is sitting.
- Nightfall (warlock ability): This ability can now trigger while the Warlock is sitting.
- : This spell is now affected by area damage caps. Its bonus damage coefficients have also been increased.
- : Dead targets will no longer be erroneously counted toward the damage cap on this spell.
- : The effect from this talent will no longer last indefinitely if applied while charmed by an NPC.
- : This spell will no longer fail when a Warlock deselects their target midway through the cast.
Before the Storm
- Melee damage of Felguard has been reduced.
- The damage increase component of has been improved. The damage mitigation component has been reduced.
- The cooldown of has been reduced to 20 sec, from 1 min.
- The mana cost of has been reduced by approximately 45%.
- The feedback from dispelling is now affected by .
- Pets will again have their mana reset to full in addition to their health when first summoned.
- will now properly reduce pet damage taken.
- Fire objects in the game world (bonfires, braziers) will no longer trigger .
- When a Warlock is under the effects of and Nightfall, only one of the effects will be consumed by a cast.
- The bonus that the spells and Curse of Agony receive from bonus spell damage effects has been decreased by approximately 10%.
- The warlock talent does will now properly reduce the amount of damage pets are taking.
- is now improved by the talent "Shadow Mastery".
- will now properly function with all ranks of and rank 4.
- The warlock Demonology talent (all ranks) will now properly affect Felhunter intellect.
- Crit chance of the spell is now being affected by the 2nd rank of the Warlock Destruction talent .
- Warlock pet Felguard will now use the appropriate sounds.
- Warlock pet Imp will now correctly receive their spell damage bonus.
- Using a grimoire to teach your demon pet a spell while it is under the effects of will no longer consume the grimoire, but the pet is immune and will not learn the spell.
- Players that log out of the game and back while having a pet summoned will now be properly credited a Soul Shard.
- Warlock pet sounds have now been added in all languages.
- Cripple (Doomguard): Due to haste effect change, the tooltip has been changed to 45%.
- Curse of Tongues: This spell will no longer debuff the target if they are immune to the spellcast slowing effect
- Enslave Demon: Due to haste effect change, the tooltip has been changed to 40%.
- Health Funnel: This spell will now work correctly on low-level enslaved demons.
- Howl of Terror: This spell now uses the same resistance checks as the Warlock spell Fear.
- Siphon Life will now properly gain a benefit from Shadow Mastery.
- A soul shard will be refunded to the caster any time a summoned pet despawns rather than dies.
- Aftermath: The effect of this talent will now still be placed on the victim if the caster is killed before their spell reaches the target.
- Improved Shadowbolt: The effect of this talent will now still be placed on the victim if the caster is killed before their spell reaches the target.
- Life Tap: This spell now benefits from effects which increase your spell damage. At rank 3 and above, the base amount of health lost and mana gained will increase by 80% of your bonus spell damage effects. Talents and items can further modify those values. Rank 1 and 2 receive reduced effect.
- The buff will automatically be removed by the buff Master Demonologist.
- Shadow Ward now has a new rank (Rank 4) available as item loot in dungeons. The amount of damage absorbed by this ward was increased substantially on all ranks.
- Soul Link: If your pet is banished, Soul Link will stop functioning until Banish wears off. In addition, Soul Link's tooltip has been clarified to indicate it only works with your imp, voidwalker, succubus, or felhunter.
- Curse of Agony: The damage from this spell will now continue even if the caster dies or leaves the area.
- Emberstorm: This talent will now correctly increase the damage the Warlock takes from Hellfire.
- Hellfire: Aftermath can now be triggered by this spell.
- Improved Shadow Bolt: Periodic damage spells and non-damaging spells will no longer consume charges of Shadow Vulnerability.
- Shadowburn: If you cast Drain Soul while this aura is on the victim, you will no longer receive two soul shards upon the victim's death.
- Improved Shadow Bolt will now proc properly after landing a critical strike with Shadow Bolt.
- Curse of Agony - The damage over time component of this curse will now only trigger periodic triggerable procs.
- Shadowburn - The debuff which produces the soul shard upon death is now visble to the player and has a 5 sec duration. The Warlock will no longer sometimes receive two soul shards upon the victim's death. Targets which do not grant experience or honor will no longer produce shards.
- Rain of Fire - This ability will correctly trigger Pyroclasm again.
- Master Demonologist - Pets that were crowd controlled at the moment of summon prevented you from receiving the buff from this talent. That has been fixed.
- Curse of Doom - This curse can no longer be cast on players who are under the control of a creature.
- Shadowburn - This spell will no longer apply its debuff to the creature when the spell is resisted. Targets which do not grant experience or honor will no longer produce shards.
- Curse of Weakness - Mana cost decreased substantially.
- Curse of Recklessness - Mana cost decreased.
- Creatures immune to fear are now also properly immune to the fear effect of Death Coil.
- Suffering (Voidwalker) - Radius increased, tooltip updated.
- Death Coil - The horrify component no longer affects undead creatures (they've seen it all before.)
- Siphon Life - No longer keeps players in combat for its duration.
- Improved Shadow Bolt - When a fire spell is reflected back at the caster, the caster will now correctly receive the Shadow Vulnerability effect.
- The spell hit effect on the is now properly listed as an On Equip effect.
- The following item sets have had their set bonuses adjusted: Valor, Magister's, Lightforge, Shadowcraft, Dreadmist, Devout, Wildheart, Beaststalker, and Elements.
- Searing Pain Reduced mana cost by 10%.
- Infernal and Doomguard - Increased armor 10% and damage 30% on both pets.
- Soul Link - This spell can no longer be partially dispelled off the warlock. In addition, Soul Link can no longer be used on non-demon pets.
- Hellfire - Victims of Hellfire are now able to resist properly. Warlocks continue (as designed) to be unable to resist their own damage.
- Curse of Shadow and Curse of the Elements - These curses can no longer cause resistance to become negative. To compensate, both curses now increases the damage taken from the appropriate schools by a percentage.
- Summon Felsteed - Mana cost reduced.
- Summon Dreadsteed - Mana cost reduced.
- Pyroclasm - The stun effect's duration no longer diminishes or is diminished by controlled stun abilities and spells (e.g. Cheap Shot, Hammer of Justice, Charge, etc).
- Many of the pieces from the Tier 2 Armor sets have received updated statistics. The armor sets with the most extensive changes include the Netherwind, Nemesis, and Judgement sets. Other sets received fewer revisions, or none at all.
- Death Coil - Cooldown reduced, mana cost increased, and now causes a short Fear effect that is not diminished.
- Corruption - Duration reduced and damage per tick increased. Total damage over duration approximately identical.
- Curse of Agony - Duration reduced to 24 seconds and damage per tick increased. Total damage over duration approximately identical.
- Conflagrate - Conflagrate will now correctly remove Immolate rank 4 from its victim when cast.
- Bane - Now reduces casting time of the Soul Fire spell in addition to Immolate and Shadow Bolt.
- Intensity - Now reduces chance to be interrupted during cast time of Rain of Fire, Hellfire and Soul Fire spells.
- Pyroclasm - Now gives a chance to stun when Rain of Fire, Hellfire, and Soul Fire spells damage the target.
- Soul Link - Percentage of damage split with pet has been reduced.
- Soul Link - Is now a spell cast on your pet that gives an aura to both you and the pet. This aura increases all damage caused by you and your pet by 3% and splits 30% of all damage taken by the caster to the pet. The aura will last as long as the pet is active, and the pet must be the target of a dispel effect in order to dispel this ability.
- Summon Felhunter - Has a new, unique sound effect.
- Lesser Invisibility (Succubus) - Tooltip updated to reflect actual functionality.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the Master Demonologist buff to be removed if the pet was banished.
- The Pet Healing effect of the has been improved.
- Inferno - The stun effect can now be resisted. Tooltip updated to reflect enslave duration after the initial summon.
- Spell Lock (Felhunter) - In addition to interrupting spellcasting, it will now silence the target for a short duration.
- Benefits received from the old Master Conjuror talent should now be removed on all Warlocks.
- Firestone - When a Firestone is equipped, it should no longer interrupt tradeskill creation.
- Demonic Sacrifice - All effects gained from sacrificing the pet should no longer be dispellable.
- Conflagrate - The Conflagrate spell is now instant cast. The damage and mana cost has been raised on all ranks of the spell.
- Fear will now cause creatures to flee immediately, even if they are already moving.
- Succubus pets will be smarter about when to use Seduction.
- Succubus pets can now autocast Lesser Invisibility.
- Fixed a bug where Fear and Curse of Recklessness, when used together, would prevent targets from casting spells.
- Fixed a bug where Soul Link and Power Word: Shield, when used together, would heal the Warlock instead of splitting or absorbing damage.
- Demon Armor - The armor increase will now stack together with Scrolls of Protection.
- The pants and gloves for the Dreadmist, Magister's and Devout sets have had their Agility removed, and other statistics slightly increased.
- Due to significant talent changes, Warlocks will have all talent points refunded and can be respent.
- Cripple (Doomguard) - Targets that are immune to movement slowing effects will no longer be affected by Cripple's movement slowing effect. Melee and ranged attack speed slowing effects will still affect these targets.
- Demon Skin/Demon Armor - Now increases health regeneration at all times, as was always intended. Previously, the health regeneration only occurred out of combat. Tooltips updated.
- Demonic Sacrifice - The sacrifice effects for the Voidwalker and Felhunter have changed. The Voidwalker will now regenerate 3% of your total health every 4 seconds. The Felhunter will now regenerate 2% of your total mana every 4 seconds.
- Demonic Sacrifice now works properly on banished summons.
- Summon Dreadsteed - New icon.
- Dark Pact - Fixed a bug where the combat log was reporting an incorrect value of mana gained by the caster when there wasn't enough mana to drain from the pet.
- Phase Shift (Imp) - While phase shifted, the imp is now targetable but will remain an invalid target for all spells and attacks except self-cast spells.
- Improved Healthstone - The increased effect from this talent should now properly apply to other players that use the Warlock's Healthstones.
- Ritual of Summoning - Fixed a bug where players could be summoned from outside the same instance as the warlock in some cases.
- Unholy Power - No longer requires the Fel Stamina talent. Is now a tier 4 talent and is a prerequisite for the new Master Demonologist talent.
- Master Conjuror - Talent replaced with a new talent called Master Demonlogist.
- New Talent (Demonology): Master Demonologist - Grants both the Warlock and the summoned demon an effect as long as that demon is active. The effect granted depends on the type of demon summoned.
- Unholy Power - No longer requires the Fel Stamina talent. It now requires the Master Demonologist talent.
- Ritual of Doom - Should now display the cooldown.
- Felheart, Cenarion, Giantstalker's and Earthfury item sets now have updated art. The Felheart Skullcap is now also called something more appropriate to the new art.
- The 8 piece set bonus for Dreadmist will now appropriately affect shadow spells.
- Improved Drain Mana - Damage caused is now considered Shadow damage and is no longer reduced by armor.
- Improved Voidwalker - Now increases all Voidwalker spells (now also including Sacrifice) by 10/20/30%.
- Improved Succubus - Now increases Succubus spells by 10/20/30%.
- Master Summoner - In addition to decreasing casting time of summoning the Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus and Felhunter, it now reduces mana cost by 20/40%.
- Improved Enslave Demon - In addition to reducing the attack speed and casting speed penalty of enslaved demons, it now reduces the resist chance of Enslave Demon by 2/4/6/8/10%.
- Demonic Sacrifice - Is now instant cast.
- Improved Firestone - Now also improves the bonus Fire spell damage of Firestones by 15/30%.
- Inferno - The summoned Infernal will now be enslaved for 5 minutes before turning on its summoner.
- Drain Mana - Targets with no mana will no longer be valid for Drain Mana (Rank 4), making it consistent with all other ranks of the spell.
- Improved Drain Mana - Damage caused by this talent is now improved by the Shadow Mastery talent.
- Conflagrate - Range increased.
- Siphon Life - Is now instant cast, damage increased.
- Paranoia - No longer causes threat when cast.
- War Stomp (Doomguard) - Now has a maximum of 5 targets.
- Pet speed has been increased when out of combat and following their master.
- Honorable kills will now generate a Soul Shard when Drain Soul and Shadowburn are used.
- Spirit Guides in Battlegrounds will now resurrect your last Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus or Felhunter. If the Doomguard or Infernal were the last active pet or the previous pet was killed before the Warlock, an Imp will be summoned.
- Improved Curse of Agony - Fixed a bug where Curse of Agony (rank 1) was not improved by the talent. The talent will now work properly with all ranks of Curse of Agony.
- The following item sets have had their statistics, effects, and set bonuses updated:
- Arcanist, Netherwind, Prophecy, Transcendence, Felheart, Nemesis, Cenarion, Stormrage, Nightslayer, Bloodfang, Giantstalker, Dragonstalker, Earthfury, Ten Storms, Might, Wrath, Lawbringer, and Judgement.
- The Dreadmist set now has a bonus for wearing all 8 pieces of the set.
- Warlock Epic Mount quest added. To begin, speak with a demon trainer in any of the capital cities: Kurgal, Martha Strain, Spackle Thornberry, or Jubahl Corpseeker.
- The Warlock Infernal quest is now available and can be found in Felwood.
- The Warlock Ritual of Doom quest is now available and can be found in the Tainted Scar.
- The succubus model has been updated.
- Paranoia (Felhunter) - Increased stealth detection.
- Seduction (Succubus) - Is now considered a Fear effect for purposes of diminishing returns.
- The following set items have had their art updated:
- Improved Drain Mana - Will now report to the combat log all damage caused.
- Inferno - The duration the Infernal is enslaved when first summoned has been increased. The area of effect damage caused by the Inferno spell, and all threat generated by it, will now originate from the Infernal. The Infernal will now immediately attack targets within the radius of the spell.
- Enslave Demon - Is no longer dispellable.
- Curse of Agony - Now benefits from items that increase shadow damage.
- Nightfall - Fixed a bug where the Shadow Trance effect was lost without benefit. Previously, the talent had a 3%/4% chance of triggering. It now has a 2%/4% chance of triggering, and the tooltips have been updated to accurately reflect this change.
- Ritual of Doom - The death caused at the completion of the ritual no longer causes durability loss.
- Firestone - Equipping Firestones will now increase damage caused by fire spells.
- Spellstone - Equipping Spellstones will now improve your chance to get a critical strike with spells.
- Fear - Mana cost changed to a percentage of base, which results in an increase in cost.
- The Shadow Trance buff granted by the Nightfall talent will no longer be used up by a shadowbolt that was in mid-cast.
- The Recipes for , , and are no longer soulbound.
- is no longer Warlock only.
- is no longer Warlock only.
- Warlock demons have a wide selection of names based on the demon type. This only affects new demons; existing demons will keep their names.
- Warlocks can no longer kill players in duels.
- Death Coil won't give health until it actually hits the target.
- Death Coil will only give the amount of health that it actually drained from the target.
- Create Soulstone: Reduced the Soul Shard cost from two shards to one shard.
- Curse of Shadow: Increased duration from two minutes to five minutes.
- Curse of the Elements: Increased duration from two minutes to five minutes.
- Fear: Players now have an increasing chance to break free of the effect, such that it is unlikely the effect will last more than 15 seconds.
- Devour Magic (Felhunter): Fixed a bug where the felhunter would be healed every time the spell was used, in addition to the healing gained from successful dispelling.
- Tainted Blood (Felhunter): The reactive effect no longer causes threat.
- Training costs adjusted. Total training cost was decreased.
- Enslave Demon: Can no longer be cast on tapped targets.
- Inferno: Now dismisses your pet before casting to allow the Infernal to start Enslaved. Usable outdoors only.
- Only party members can participate in rituals.
- Voidwalkers will wait for enemies in the area before casting Suffering.
- Target of summoning ritual must already be in the same instance if caster is in an instance.
- Summoning gives a confirmation dialog to person being summoned.
- Ghosts can no longer be summoned.
- A bug has been fixed in the calculation of total mana for Warlock pets.
- Lash of Pain (Succubus): no longer requires the succubus to be behind the target.
- Seduction (Succubus): Mana cost reduced, increased the chance of breaking early.
- Soulstones: Now soulbound when created, are consumed to store the target's soul. When that target dies, he may resurrect himself any time up until release. Cooldown added.
- Removed facing requirement from Banish, Corruption, all Curses, Enslave Demon, and Fear.
- Demon spells are now available as Grimoires from the Demon Trainers in the world. Purchase the Grimoire and read it while the appropriate demon is summoned to teach it the spell.
- Enslave Demon once again requires a soul shard, increased the chance of breaking early if cast repeatedly on the same target.
- Howl of Terror: Increased the chance of breaking early.
- Fear: Increased the chance of breaking early.
- Rain of Fire: Duration, mana cost, and damage slightly reduced, deals its damage in more frequent intervals.
- New Spell (Imp): Phase Shift (Level 12).
- New Spell: Summon Felhunter (Level 30). (Quest)
- New Spell: Inferno (Level 50). (Monster Loot)
- New Spell: Curse of Doom (Level 60).
- New Spell: Ritual of Doom (Level 60). (Monster Loot)