Waycrest Manor loading screen.
|Location||Drustvar, Kul Tiras|
|End boss||Gorak Tul|
Once the palatial estate of the[sic] Drustvar's ruling family, Waycrest Manor now serves as the focus of dark rumors since the Lord and Lady inexplicably locked themselves within its halls. Stories of foul rituals, people disappearing in the night, and horrible screams coming from within the home are common among the townsfolk. Amid all these whispers, only one thing is known, something evil has taken root within the Waycrest grounds.
- Lady Waycrest says: Welcome home, daughter. I see you've brought guests.
- Lucille Waycrest says: Don't you dare call me daughter, witch!
- Lady Waycrest says: Such insolence! Wait until your father hears of this. In the meantime, I leave you in the care of my servants.
- Inquisitor Mace says: Come back and face my steel!
- Inquisitor Notley says: Mace!
- Inquisitor Notley says: Running off seems like a bad idea. We have more of a plan than that... right?
- Lucille Waycrest says: Heroes, your strength is needed. We must see this evil brought to an end.
- Inquisitor Yorrick says: We'll investigate the grounds while you dispatch her servants. Good hunting.
Making their way to the Ballroom, they confront the witches.
- Main article: Heartsbane Triad#Quotes
After their death, Yorrick stays behind while the group continues.
- Inquisitor Yorrick says: I can rest more easily knowing these foul creatures no longer prowl the night.
- Inquisitor Yorrick says: Continue your hunt for Lady Waycrest. I will ensure these rooms are clear.
Through The Gallery, the group reaches the exterior court where they encounter an immense wicker construct barring their way.
- Main article: Soulbound Goliath#Quotes
Notley stays behind as the rest of the party progresses forward.
- Inquisitor Notley says: You've done those souls a service by setting them free.
- Inquisitor Notley says: Make sure Lady Waycrest pays dearly for this foul witchcraft.
Moving on to the Banquet Hall, they find the grotesque, former chef of the Waycrests, now twisted into an aberration.
- Main article: Raal the Gluttonous#Quotes
After his death, Sterntide remains behind while the rest of the group continues.
- Inquisitor Sterntide says: Heh! Dead meat.
- Inquisitor Sterntide says: You go on. Find Lady Waycrest. Settle the score.
With all her horrors dead, Lady Waycrest exclaims:
- Lady Waycrest says: Oh dear, it seems you have slaughtered my entire household.
- Lady Waycrest says: The carnage is dripping through the floor boards.
- Lady Waycrest says: Why not join me in the basement, and marvel at death's beauty?
- Lucille Waycrest says: My mother had a cruel streak, but I never imagined she was capable of this.
- Inquisitor Mace says: All that matters now is bringing her evil to an end.
- Lucille Waycrest says: You're right. Yet how will I regain the people's trust when they learn of the horrors my family has committed?
- Inquisitor Mace says: I trust you. If anyone else gives you problems, a swift crack to the head will remedy the issue.
- Lucille Waycrest says: Thank you, Mace. Once this is over, we should discuss a position as my new house diplomat.
The group finally reaches the Catacombs, where they face the horror that Lucille's parents have become.
- Main article: Lord and Lady Waycrest
After her parents' death, Lucille is relieved. But this doesn't seem to end here.
- Lucille Waycrest says: At long last, the nightmare is over.
- Gorak Tul yells: Foolish child. You lack vision. Death is an inevitable force that stalks you at every turn.
- Lucille Waycrest says: Gorak Tul?! How is this possible? My ancestors defeated you ages ago!
- Gorak Tul yells: Come, mortals. Death awaits you.
Gorak Tul has entered the physical world through The Rupture.
- Gorak Tul yells: Your ancestors wiped out my people, but they could not destroy me.
- Gorak Tul yells: For countless years I waited to enact my vengeance, until at long last your mother provided me the means.
- Lucille Waycrest says: We cannot allow Gorak Tul to cross into our world!
- Inquisitor Mace says: Every horror in the manor is making its way to us!
- Inquisitor Mace says: See, there is nothing a strong arm and sharp steel can't fix.
- Inquisitor Mace says: Sterntide and I will hold them here. You have to finish this!
- Main article: Gorak Tul (tactics)#Quotes
Fortunately, the Inquisitors managed to push Gorak Tul back into Thros. His image gives a last ominous warning before disappearing.
- Gorak Tul yells: Fools... you have merely... defeated... a vessel...
- Gorak Tul yells: I await you... in the Blighted Lands...
- Inquisitor Yorrick says: We've done it! Gorak Tul has been banished.
- Lucille Waycrest says: Thank you, heroes. You've broken the coven and released us from Gorak Tul's power. We are in your debt.
Maps and subregions
Once the five witch ambushes have been dealt with, and the instance has been cleared, music from various Blizzard games can be heard played on the organ in the manor.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.