- Not to be confused with waystone.
Waygates (or way gates) are devices that teleport the user between other waygates.
- Main article: Way Gate (Warcraft III)
Way Gates are fabulous buildings that transport units from one way gate to another. Muradin Bronzebeard's expedition to Northrend sought an ancient way gate that supposedly transported one to a hidden vault where the runeblade Frostmourne was held.
- The Masters' Gate in Deepholm was used by the Twilight's Hammer before it was destroyed by adventurers.
- The Waygate connects Sholazar Basin to Shaper's Terrace in Un'Goro Crater. This waygate hadn't been active in seven centuries, but could be activated using the switches found in the Makers' Overlook and the Makers' Perch.
- The titan waygate in Neltharion's Vault which led to another section of the Vault, where the was located.
- The titan waygate in Uldir, which was used by Magni, Brann, and MOTHER to reach the Chamber of Heart, after it was cleansed of G'huun's lingering corruption.
The Un'Goro Crater side of the Waygate.
The Masters' Gate.
Time Warp in Hearthstone.
A titan waygate in Neltharion's Vault.
Opening a waygate requires the construction of a Mage Tower or Spirit Lodge in the garrison, and the collection of 25 Ogre Waystones from ogres across Draenor, including in the Bloodmaul Slag Mines and Highmaul. The use of a waygate opens a portal inside the Tower/Lodge, with a maximum of three when the structure is upgraded to level 3.
The ogre waygates are located in the following locations:
- Icewind Drifts, Frostfire Ridge
- Arbor Glen, Shadowmoon Valley
- Base of Spire of Light, Talador
- Ravenskar, Spires of Arak
- Near the Blackrock Foundry, Gorgrond
- Near the Ancestral Grounds, Nagrand
- Near Lion's Watch, Tanaan Jungle