- Weather-Beaten Journal
- Binds when picked up
- Use: Teaches you the fine art of fish finding.
- Requires Fishing (1)
- Sell Price: 6 25
When used, the Weather-Beaten Journal teaches the player , the ability to observe fishing spots on the mini-map in the same manner as the herbalist's ability to see herb nodes. This is the only way to gain the ability.
Weather-Beaten Journal can be looted:
- from within containers fished in Kalimdor, the Eastern Kingdoms, and Outland, most commonly from pools such as Floating Wreckage;
- from within bags rewarded from daily fishing quests in classic capitals, from Old Man Barlo (near Shattrath City, Outland), or in Draenor Garrison;
- from any fish pool on the Broken Isles.
To be eligible to loot journal character must have at least 1 skill point in the Fishing skill. If you already have the Find Fish ability you won't see any additional Weather-Beaten Journals.
The journal is Bind on Pickup, while the enclosing container does not bind, therefore when the journal had been introduced there was practice to trade or mail container with it to other characters. In time such practice was abandoned due to new ways to loot the journal and skill requirement reducing.
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Skill requirement reduced from 100 to 1.
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): Now detects Schools of Tastyfish during the weekly Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza, as well as Muddy Churning Waters in Zul'Gurub.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Added.