House of Barov
|Affiliation(s)||Stormwind, Alliance, Barov Industries|
|Occupation||True heir to the House of Barov|
|Relative(s)||Alexei & Illucia (parents), Alexi, Jandice (siblings)|
He is one of the two "surviving" (if such can be said about his Forsaken brother Alexi) descendants of the Barov family. As such, they are both heirs to the family fortune. Although it is unknown how exactly they intended to deal with obtaining that fortune - since most of it is probably still buried somewhere within the treasuries of Caer Darrow - the brothers nonetheless sought the four deeds that were believed to be somewhere in Scholomance. This inheritance made them enemies, and Weldon was willing to stop at nothing to become the only surviving heir to the Barov fortune.
Weldon was affiliated with the Alliance and was located at Chillwind Camp, in the Western Plaguelands. He tasked Alliance adventurers with collecting the family deed as well as with slaying his brother in Tirisfal. Horde adventurers sent by Alexi also attacked him and attempted to seize his head.
Following the Cataclysm, Alexi seems to have given up battle against Weldon for heritage rights. Weldon, still determined to claim it, asked an adventurer to bring him all four deeds to Southshore, Tarren Mill, Brill and Caer Darrow. With the deeds in hand, Weldon finally became the rightful owner of the four towns.
Partnership on Draenor
Weldon came to Draenor with his brother, Alexi, having made up and become partners in Barov Industries. They had united to plunder the world's riches, but their greed got the better of them and they betrayed each other. Weldon is found under a tree and rescued by the adventurer. After joining the adventurer at Lunarfall, he asks them once again to kill his brother. He can also be seen watching adventurers fight in the Coliseum of Highmaul.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|93 - 100||65,312|
|Lunarfall||95 - 100||71,040|
- Demoralizing Shout
- Sinister Strike — Inflicts a sinister strike upon an enemy.
- Sprint — Increases your movement speed by 50% and attack speed by 50% for 12 sec. Usable while stealthed.
- HELP! ASSASSINS HAVE COME TO KILL ME!
- Scholomance gossip
Don't listen to anything Alexi says. He was a fool to stay during the plague and now look at him - he's no better than the other abominations in this place.
Don't fret, we will reclaim Scholomance and the surrounding lands for the last living son of Barov - the rightful heir.
As the last living Barov, I have rightful claim to all of my family's holdings!
- Lumber Mill, Coming across a Fallen Tree (with a pair of legs kicking from beneath)
- Muffled Voice says: MMMMF! HELFFP!! STMUCK UMDER LOG!
- You tap the log to summon a Lumberjack.
- Lumberjack says: I'll get that scared little girl out from under the log, <sir/ma'am>!
- The Lumberjack starts chopping and frees Weldon Barov, who throws you some coin.
- Weldon Barov says: Ah, thank you for the assistance, young peasant. Here is a token of my gratitude.
- Weldon bows.
- Weldon walks away.
- Weldon Barov says: Should you be looking to make a few more coppers there will be work for you at your garrison. I will take my leave. Find me there if you wish.
My brother must be brought to justice!
I need you to come on patrol with me.
This place is quaint. It reminds me of the servant's quarters in my summer retreat on the shores of Lordamere Lake - only more rustic. And dirtier.
Perhaps you should make an investment in some of Barov Industries' wares to secure this make-shift tree fort before a light breeze topples the structure.
What have you got for sale?
- While in the Western Plaguelands, Weldon used warrior abilities.
- Weldon Barov is an Epic Alliance Ally card in the World of Warcraft: Trading Card Game's Drums of War set.
- Weldon is quoted on the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game card "".
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Re-added in Draenor.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Moved from Chillwind Camp to Scholomance. Changed from Alliance to Neutral.