|Level||110 (Requires 110)|
|Reputation||+75 Argussian Reach|
Witness Velen's memory.
- Talk to Velen
<Velen continues to stare at the statue as he speaks.>
Thousands of years ago, when I was young, I made a choice.
<Velen shakes his head.>
I cannot leave, not yet. Not until I have had a chance to reflect.
You will receive:
- 9 70
- +75 reputation with Argussian Reach
Memory roots me in place, more surely than the heaviest stone.
<Prophet Velen peers solemnly at you.>
- Let me show you what I have done. Perhaps, then, I can make peace with it at long last.
- Show me.
- At Kil'jaeden's Terrace thousands years ago, Sargeras appears in his uncorrupted form to Archimonde, Velen, and Kil'jaeden.
- Sargeras says: Swear loyalty to me, pledge the hearts of your people to my cause.
- Sargeras says: I will transform you, granting knowledge beyond imagining and might beyond measure.
- The view shifts to show Velen turn his head to look at Archimonde, already nodding and smiling. Velen then looks at an expressionless Kil'jaeden. The view shifts back to Sargeras.
- Sargeras says: Together, we will become Legion, and defeat the hungering void that would consume us all.
- With the meeting concluded, the three walk together to discuss the matter.
- Archimonde says: It is little enough to ask, for what he offers us.
- Kil'jaeden says: Such power... And he speaks the truth.
- Velen stops walking, but the other two continue on without noticing.
- Prophet Velen says: I had hoped the others would sense the darkness behind Sargeras's words.
- Prophet Velen says: But they were blinded by their vanity... their hunger for power.
- The scene changes to show Velen communing with a bright crystal.
- Prophet Velen says: The ata'mal crystal soon showed me the horrible truth of what would come to pass if we accepted the titan's offer.
- The view shifts to show images of Kil'jaeden and Archimonde.
- Prophet Velen says: We would be transformed not into wise leaders, but into hateful monsters.
- The images of Kil'jaeden and Archimonde warp into their fel-corrupted forms. It's at this point that the memory ends.
- Quest completion
- A Legion portal appears at the front of the Terrace, and a familiar face shows himself.
- Talgath yells: Make way. I will deal with this myself.
- High Exarch Turalyon says: He's here.
- Archimonde and Kil'jaeden's lines in the cutscene are direct quotes from Rise of the Horde.
- Patch 7.3.0 (2017-08-29): Added.
- Activated 2017-09-12.
- Activated 2017-09-12.