Wilderlings (or wolf serpents) are benevolent and magical flying creatures of Ardenweald. They resemble Azerothian cloud serpents, with sinuous fur-covered bodies and antlered wolf heads. Wilderlings are drawn to strong, pure souls. In battle, they act as support units by preserving their allies and disabling enemy magics. When anima once again began flowing to Ardenweald's distant forests, the wilderlings cautiously emerged from their canopy burrows.
As a mount
All wilderling mounts are exclusive to members of the Night Fae Covenant.
- Ardenweald Wilderling Harness is rewarded upon reaching 45 with the Night Fae.
- Autumnal Wilderling Harness can be purchased from Elwyn for 7500 .
- is rewarded from , which rarely becomes available after completing the Escaped Wilderling vignette in Korthia.
- can be purchased from Duchess Mynx for 1000 upon reaching exalted reputation with Death's Advance.
Notes and trivia
- During the initial announcement of patch 9.1 at BlizzConline, it was stated that wolf serpents would be reawakened from wildseeds that had been thought lost to the anima drought, implying that they were originally intended to be the souls of Wild Gods from mortal worlds rather than native Ardenweald creatures. Their in-game mount descriptions make no mention of wildseeds.
- Just like cloud serpents, wilderlings resemble traditional depictions of Chinese and other East Asian dragons. They also resemble the dragon Falkor from The NeverEnding Story.
- ^ a b World of Warcraft 2021-02-20. BlizzConline 2021 - World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Update (20:12). YouTube. Retrieved on 2021-06-21.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2021-06-10. [UPDATED JUNE 10] Prepare for Lift Off: Get Ready for Flying in Chains of Domination. Archived from the original on 2021-06-21. “[N]ight fae will ride upon majestic wolf serpents ...”
- ^ a b Autumnal Wilderling Harness
- ^ Ardenweald Wilderling Harness