Lisan Pierce, Janey Anship, and Suzanne can frequently be found outside of the Sanctum, discussing in great and confusing detail about topics such as portals and polarity — however, if one listens closely, it is revealed that they are merely trying to develop a love potion for one of the group's crushes ("All this for a love potion? He better be worth it...").
During the Burning of Teldrassil, Archmage Malin opened portals for the civilians from Darnassus. Tyrande Whisperwind, Anduin Wrynn, Velen, and Genn Greymane remained her to learn what was happening as well as to tend to them.
With patch 8.1.5, the tower's interior was completely revamped to house the Stormwind Portal Room for all the portals to a number of different areas on Azeroth, Outland, and Draenor that had previously been scattered throughout Stormwind. Though the personnel working here are generally affiliated with Stormwind, decorations such as the insignia at its entrance suggest the Kirin Tor helped with the remodeling, and the area also has Tirisgarde banners.
Access to the tower
For mages in training, access to the trainers is gained by going up the ramp and climbing to the highest part of the tower and then passing through the portal there.
All Alliance mages can learn to directly into the Wizard's Sanctum at level 21, and portal other players there at level 24. Alliance players can also reach the Sanctum by using teleport items such as and .
- Caverns of Time, Tanaris
- The Exodar, Azuremyst Isle — The Vault of Lights
- Dalaran, Crystalsong Forest — The Violet Gate
- Paw'don Village, Jade Forest
- Crumbled Palace, Azsuna
- Boralus, Tiragarde Sound — Sanctum of the Sages
- High Sorcerer Andromath
- Elsharin <Mage Trainer>
- Maginor Dumas <Master Mage>
- Jennea Cannon <Mage Trainer>
- Larimaine Purdue <Portal Trainer>
- Laluu <Mage Trainer>
- Sparkbright <Mage Trainer>
- Apprentice Mage
- Storm's Wake Tidesage (Stormwind City)
- Nar'thalas Mage
- Silver Covenant Mage
- Exodar Portal-Keeper
- Tushui Magister
- Kirin Tor Magus
- Consortium Arcanist
- Bronze Chronomancer
- Broken Isles Adventurers
- Draenor Adventurers
- Exodar Adventurers
- Kul Tiras Adventurers
- Northrend Adventurers
- Outland Adventurers
- Pandaria Adventurers
In the RPG
Notes and trivia
- During the Elemental Unrest, evacuation portals appeared here.
- The Wizard's Sanctum features as an attraction in the Blizzard World in-universe map in Overwatch, but is not seen in the in-game map itself.
- The Wizard's Sanctum may be one of the Conjurer towers present during the second siege of Stormwind.
- The tower may be loosely based on the Tower of High Sorcery in Palanthas, from the Dragonlance universe. This is supported by the portal in the very top and the small garden area it is surrounded by.
- The tower may be led by High Sorcerer Andromath or Maginor Dumas.
- The updated portal room is decorated with banners which bear the crest of the Kirin Tor, unlike the Pathfinder's Den, and there are Arcane Golems regularly patrolling the Sanctum similar to the ones used by the Kirin Tor previously. This seems to indicate some connection between the Wizard's Sanctum and the Kirin Tor.
- Portal room
Portal back to the Wizard's Sanctum in Stormwind City.
Laluu's book corner (replaced by a portal to the Caverns of Time in patch 8.2.0).
- Patch 9.0.1 (2020-10-13): The portal room in Wizard's Sanctum has received additional lighting.
- Patch 8.2.0 (2019-06-25): Added a Caverns of Time portal.
- Patch 8.1.5 (2019-03-12): Inside completely remodeled and all portals in Stormwind have been relocated here.