Wool Cloth is a cheap, soft cloth made from the wool of sheep and similar creatures.
As an ingredient
Wool Cloth is used in the following recipes:
As a quest objective
Wool Cloth used to be required for the following quest:
- Hand in 60 Wool Cloth to a faction quartermaster to gain Reputation
Places to farm
Humanoid mobs between level 15-36 have wool with drop rates from 17-26 in the 2-8 mobs per wool range with a peak at 20-23 of 1-4 mobs per wool.
- Lvl. 15+: Northern Barrens: Dropped by Razormanes right on the entrance to The Barrens coming from Durotar.
- Lvl. 15+: Ghostlands: The forest trolls in Zeb'Tela and Zeb'Nowa drop them, along with the Scourge in Deatholme.
- Lvl. 15+: Hillsbrad Foothills: Near the Dalaran Crater, you can find enough Wool to gain some levels.
- Lvl. 15-18: Ironband's Excavation Site in Loch Modan has a good drop rate. Say every 3rd mob dropping 1-2 Wool.
- Lvl. 18-23: Ashenvale Both the ruins near the northwestern border have good drop rates.
- Lvl. 19-22: Wetlands The camp located just outside the Dun Algaz Tunnel at Map Coordinate (56,74). The Mosshide Gnolls usually drop 1 wool for every 2 or so killed, and respawn very quickly.
- Lvl. 20-23: This is the main level range where Wool drops off Humanoids (1-4 mobs per wool)
- Lvl. 21-28: The Stockade is a great place for Alliance to farm wool.
- Also, the ogres and trolls in Northern Stranglethorn have above average drops.
- Lvl. 23+-25+: The Riverpaw gnolls in The Stockade drop 1 wool for each 2 mobs in general which is double the normal rate.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Stacks to 200, up from 20.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Sheep can no longer be skinned for Wool Cloth.