- For other uses, see Burning Crusade (disambiguation).
World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic
Portion of Team 2
|Platforms||Microsoft Windows, macOS|
Characters on progression realms will be able to continue forward to Outland while characters on era realms will continue on World of Warcraft: Classic. Players will also have the option to pay to create a copy of their character in order to continue playing on both realms.
Burning Crusade Classic launched on June 1, 2021, with the pre-patch having started on May 18th.
- Phase 1 (Launch): Karazhan, Gruul's Lair, and Magtheridon's Lair
- Phase 2 (September 14, 2021): The Eye and Serpentshrine Cavern
- Phase 3 (January 17, 2022): Battle for Mount Hyjal, Black Temple and Arena Season 2
- Phase 4 (March 22, 2022): Zul'Aman and Arena Season 3
- Phase 5 (May 12, 2022): Quel'Danas and Sunwell Plateau
|and will be available to both factions.||Only blood elf paladins had access to while Alliance paladins had .||To better balance both factions. Overall, just deals more damage and it's a big incentive to roll Horde over Alliance.|
|Players will be able to create draenei and blood elf characters during the pre-patch and level them before the Dark Portal opens.||Players were not able to create characters of the new races until Outland was open.||To avoid players that want to play with characters of the new races to be stuck in the old world during the first weeks of progression. This also makes paladins and shaman available to the other faction during launch.|
|Arena teams will be able to hold double the normal amount of players.||Arena teams were only able to hold enough players for their bracket (e.g. a 2v2 Arena team could only have two players).||To give more flexibility to PvPers, as this system made it impossible to play if one of the members didn't log in.|
|Throughout Burning Crusade Classic, using Leatherworking drums will invoke the Tinnitus debuff, preventing reuse for two minutes.||Groups could use drums in sequence, benefiting from a higher uptime the more leatherworkers they had.||To avoid making Leatherworking "mandatory" on raids. This change brings the optimal number of leatherworkers per raid to one per group.|
Notes and trivia
- The announcement of Burning Crusade Classic at BlizzConline was foreshadowed by the inclusion of Moon-Touched Netherwhelp in The Celebration Collection.
An edit of Through the Dark Portal's art, from the official site
- Promotional screenshots
- WoW Classic: Burning Crusade Announce Trailer
- BlizzConline 2021 - World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic Deep Dive
- Burning Crusade Classic: Blood Elves and Draenei – Pre-Expansion Live on May 18
- Burning Crusade Classic: An Ode to Returning Heroes
- ^ Return to Outland on June 1 in Burning Crusade Classic. Retrieved on 2021-05-06.
- ^ Burning Crusade Classic Developer Interview with John Hight and Brian Birmingham. Retrieved on 2021-03-06.
- ^ Burning Crusade Classic Beta Notes - May 4. Retrieved on 2021-05-05.