- This article is about the expansion itself. For the types of dragons, see Dragonflight.
World of Warcraft: Dragonflight
|Platforms||Microsoft Windows, macOS|
|Release||On or before December 31, 2022|
World of Warcraft: Dragonflight (shortened DF) is the upcoming ninth expansion for World of Warcraft set primarily in the eponymous region of the Dragon Isles. The expansion was officially revealed on 19 April 2022. On 21 June 2022, it was revealed that the expansion will be available on or before 31 December 2022.
"The dragonflights of Azeroth have returned, called upon to defend their ancestral home, the Dragon Isles. Surging with elemental magic and the life energies of Azeroth, the Isles are awakening once more, and it's up to you to explore their primordial wonder and discover long-forgotten secrets."
- New level cap: 70
- New playable race-class combo Dracthyr Evoker
- Talent System Revamp
- Improved Professions
- Updated UI
- The Dragon Isles
- Brackenhide Hollow
- Halls of Infusion
- Neltharus - fight to reclaim the stronghold of the black dragonflight
- Ruby Life Pools - life pools of the red dragonflight, where their sacred oath to the titans was put forth
- Taz'algeth Academy
- The Azure Vault
- The Nokhud Offensive
- Uldaman: Legacy of Tyr - Revamped from its Classic state, with previously unknown chambers
- Vault of the Incarnates - Venture into the ancient prison of the Primal Incarnates before their malevolent power can be unleashed against the Dragon Aspects.
Systems and rewards
- system previously used for Covenants applied to the four main reputations for this expansion with a number of reputation levels to unlock questlines and cosmetics with the important difference to Covenants being not having to pick one. Two of those four factions are Valdrakken Accord and Dragonscale Expedition.
- Timewalking Campaigns will allow leveling to 60 with new players still going to Battle for Azeroth content and Shadowlands content being added as an option for alts.
- Transmog will open to common and poor quality items, either with the expansion or before.
- Converting Solo Shuffle PvP Brawl into a Rated Solo Queue Battlegrounds system.
Race and class changes
- Rogue, Mage and Priest are now available to all playable races, with the exception of the Dracthyr.
- Watcher Koranos
- Tyrande Whisperwind
- Dracthyr skeleton
- Serpent-like dragon (using the Heart of the Aspects skeleton)
- Primalist drakonid
- Primalist proto-dragon
- Beaver (new type)
- Beetle (new type)
- Flying squirrel
- Ice spider
- Lava snail
- Lava slug
- Lion fish
- Mammoth (new type)
- Porcupine (new type)
- Primal thunder lizard
- Rabbit (new type)
- Ray (new type)
- Rhino (new type)
- Secretive Frogduck
- Turtle (new type)
- Air elemental (new type)
- Arcane guardian (new types)
- Corrupted ancient (new type)
- Earth elemental (new type)
- Fire elemental (new type)
- Ice elemental (new types)
- Water elemental (new type)
- Primalist furbolg
- Ice bear (previously seen as a store mount)
- Mana wyrm (type previously seen as a store mount)
- Monkey (type previously seen as a promotional pet)
- Mountain giant
- Phoenix (type previously seen as a store mount)
- Titanic watcher
- Main article: World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Base Edition
- World of Warcraft: Dragonflight digital license
- Drakks pet (pre-purchase only, no longer obtainable after the expansion releases)
- Main article: World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Heroic Edition
- Everything in the Base Edition, plus:
- Main article: World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Epic Edition
- Everything in the Heroic Edition, plus:
- Main article: World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Collector's Edition
- Everything in the Epic Edition, plus:
- The Art of Dragonflight
- Alexstrasza Mouse Pad
- Dragonflight Five-Pin Collector's Set
- Main article: System requirements
- Dragonflight has been described as an exploration-themed expansion, with comparisons drawn to Mists of Pandaria.
- Dragonflight will have a "big bad" as an antagonist, but who/what this is will not be known initially. This is also similar to Mists of Pandaria, where Garrosh was a "surprise" final antagonist, empowered by Lei Shen's treasures and Y'Shaarj's remains.
Primalists concept art
- ^ 2022-06-29, Blizzard plans to acquire Spellbreak studio Proletariat to bolster World of Warcraft. GamesBeat, retrieved on 2022-06-30
- ^ 
- ^ Pre-Purchase Dragonflight Now!
- ^ https://dragonflight.blizzard.com/
- ^ World of Warcraft Interview: Blizzard Game Designers Talk Worldbuilding, Set Design, and New Horizons in Dragonflight
- ^ WoW Developer Interview with Brian Holinka - Dracthyr Evokers, NEW Class/Race Combos & MORE!|
- ^ a b c Interview Exclusive Dragonflight : Ion Hazzikostas nous parle de l'avenir de WoW (French). JudgeHype (2022-04-19).
- ^ a b c Elliot Gardner 2022-04-22. World of Warcraft: Dragonflight brings updates we’ve waited 18 years for. TechRadar.
- ^ Eric Law 2022-04-22. What World of Warcraft Developers Learned from Shadowlands to Create Dragonflight. Gamerant. Retrieved on 2022-04-24.
- ^ Neryssa 2022-04-19. Dragonflight Interview with JudgeHype - Pre-Patch Event, Dracthyr Questline, Mythic+ Rotation. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2022-05-08.