- Not to be confused with XT-003 Deconstructor.
|Race||Clockwork giant (Mechanical)|
- 1 Background
- 2 Overview
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Strategy
- 5 Loot
- 6 Related achievements
- 7 Quotes
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Videos
- 10 Patch changes
- 11 References
- 12 External links
Engineering to patrol the Ulduar scrapyard, Mimiron invested his clockwork creation with a rudimentary intellect that suited his duties. XT-002 has come to look upon himself as the keeper's son, and often throws tantrums like a petulant child.
Upon reaching 75%, 50%, and 25% health the Heart of the Deconstructor will become exposed and bots will begin to join the fight.
- Move away from allies when afflicted with Searing Light or Gravity Bomb.
- Attacking the Heart of the Deconstructor will inflict additional damage to XT-002 Deconstructor when it becomes exposed.
- While the Heart of the Deconstructor is exposed any XS-013 Scrapbot that reaches XT will heal him.
- Move away from allies when afflicted with Searing Light or Gravity Bomb.
- Tympanic Tantrum inflicts heavy raid damage.
- While the Heart of the Deconstructor is exposed be quick to grab the attention of the XM-024 Pummellers.
Stage One: New Toys
- Tympanic Tantrum — Deals 10% damage every 1 sec for 8 sec. Nearby enemies are also dazed for the duration.
- Searing Light — Charges the target with divine energy, causing them to sear nearby allies for 9 sec.
- Gravity Bomb — Charges the target with dark energy, causing them to explode and pull in nearby allies after 10 sec.
Stage Two: Heart of the Deconstructor
The Heart of the Deconstructor becomes exposed.
- Heart of the Deconstructor
- Exposed Heart — The heart of the XT-002 is exposed, leaving it vulnerable.
- XM-024 Pummeller
- Arcing Smash — Lashes out in a vicious arc, inflicting damage to enemies in a cone in front of the caster.
- Trample — Inflicts Physical damage to nearby enemies.
- Uppercut — Inflicts 50% weapon damage to an enemy, knocking it back.
- XS-013 Scrapbot — Scrapbots will attempt to run directly to XT-002 Deconstructor and cast Scrap Repair.
- Scrap Repair — Consumes the scrapbot, repairing 1% of total health.
- XE-321 Boombot
- Boom! — Explodes on death, dealing Fire damage to all nearby units.
Destroying the Heart of the Deconstructor during State Two will activate Hard Mode, healing XT-002 Deconstructor to full and empowering him with additional abilities.
- Heartbreak — The heart of the XT-002 Deconstructor has been severed, removing the combat limitations of the XT-002 Deconstructor. Damage increased by 15%. Health increased by 50%.
- Void Zone — Summon a Void Zone that deals Shadow damage to enemies that stand within it.
- Life Spark — Summon a Life Spark that deals damage to nearby enemies.
- Life Spark
- Static Charged — Deals Nature damage to all enemies within 500 yards every 3 sec.
- Life Spark
As with all Wrath of the Lich King raids, a standard raid composition is OK. No special resistances or equipment are needed. In Normal 10-man mode, damage dealers should average about 3,000 DPS (3,500 DPS if using only 5 damage dealers). Normal 25-man requires the entire raid to output approximately 60,000 DPS. Heroic 25-man mode requires damage dealers to provide 5,000 DPS each.
Phase 1 consists of a fairly standard tank-and-spank. The fight enters phase 2 when the boss is at 75%, when it takes a 20-second "nap," during which it exposes its heart and summons adds. After that, Phase 1 continues until at 50% (and 25% again) a Phase 2 takes place.
Gravity Bomb and Light Bomb
Each raid member must learn to deal with these two debuffs. Since they both are a threat to other raid members, debuffed players must separate from the raid as fast as possible. Melee can set up in a circle around the Deconstructor, since it has no cleave or short-range AoE. Healers and ranged DPS should stay 10 yards away from tanks and melee, and then agree on one of the following set-up possibilities:
- Concentrate on one spot
- Distribute over two spots within healing range of each other
- Form one long line with about half a yard (an arm's length) between players (tank healers first, raid healers next, ranged DPS furthest away from the boss)
- Form two shorter parallel lines, 6 yards apart
It's also possible to set up in a wide circle around the tank spot, with as much space between players as possible (preferably around 10 yards).
The Deconstructor keeps the two Bomb debuffs up at all times (that is as soon as one of them expires on a player, another player gets it), except during Tantrum, when the Bomb debuffs are not refreshed. The two players with Bomb debuffs must run away from all other players, either to explode in safety (Gravity Bomb), or in order not to damge others (Light Bomb). Gravity Bomb does not kill, so if that player starts at full health, no healing is required. Light Bomb can kill, for that reason one healer should be assigned to put a HoT or two on the current Light Bomb victim.
Even with fast player reaction, Light Bomb inevitably deals some AoE damage to the raid. The raid healer(s) need to be quick to AoE heal this.
Once per minute, the boss casts Tympanic Tantrum. The one-minute cooldown is reset by exposing the heart (getting below 75%, 50% or 25% respectively), so high-DPS groups can completely avoid Tantrum. If the boss casts Tantrum, every raid member takes 80% damage within 8 seconds, and is slowed by about 40%. This means that AoE healing must be well organized so that nobody dies from this damage, and that the raid should be on top health prior to Tantrum. The standard avoidance methods do work, but reduce DPS (which may prove fatal). Hunter is ineffective but Rogue does reduce Tantrum damage. The damage can also be mitigated by a paladin's coupled with or , as well as a Discipline-specced priest's shield (with a shorter cooldown from , and 3% raid-wide damage mitigation from ).
Phase 2: Exposed Heart and Adds
Whenever the boss gets below a 25% threshold (at 75%, 50% and 25%), it switches for 20 seconds to Phase 2. During this time, the boss itself cannot be targeted, but it exposes its heart and takes double damage, and adds are summoned. Three types of adds spawn from the scrap heaps in the four corners of the room:
- XS-013 Scrapbot: heals XT-002 for 60k each if they reach it.
- XE-321 Boombot: explode for ~16k fire damage when their health reaches 50%, damaging players and NPCs in range.
- XM-024 Pummeler: these deal low single-target damage.
The Scrapbots need to be AoE'd down and must not reach the boss. They are susceptible to most snares (stun, frost nova, knockback, etc.). The Boombots should be single targeted and nuked by ranged. It is best if they explode when surrounded by scrapbots or near the Heart. The Pummelers should simply be off-tanked and kited during the whole fight around the room. No damage dealer should ever target a Pummeler.
Scrapbots spawn in ~7-10 groups of 5. The groups can appear simultaneously and at varying times. Have people keep an eye out and call out where and when they are coming. When scrapbots get closer to the raid group, they need to be AOE'd down immediately (a Priest using Mind Sear can help reduce the number of DPS wasted on scrapbots). Boombots need to be DPS'ed when they are near the Heart or scrapbots (or when not close to players). Personal Electromagnetic Pulse Generator from Engineers can be extremely helpful to stop the closest Scrapbots, stunning all mechanicals within roughly 20 yards for 3 seconds.
When the heart goes back up into the boss and XT becomes targettable again, the remaining active adds stay alive.
The Heart has 7M hitpoints in Heroic mode (1.5 M in normal mode). Since the heart takes double damage, and all damage it takes is passed through to the boss, every damage dealer should try to concentrate on the Heart as much as possible. Melee should stay on the heart exclusively during the whole phase. Even healers can deal some damage in this phase, Mana permitting (else healers can use this phase to regenerate a little). While it's desirable to deal as much damage to the heart as possible, destroying it invokes hard mode, pay attention that this doesn't happen by accident.
Bloodlust should be used during a heart phase and extra attention should be paid not to trigger the hard mode if this is undesirable.
Dealing with a low DPS raid
If the raid's damage output is on the low side, the key is to maximize the damage done to the heart in phase 2. The idea is to divert two players to slow the adds down, while all other damage dealers concentrate on the heart. Position the boss close to two scrap heaps (and far away from the two others). The adds from the two far away heaps cannot reach the boss before the heart is retracted, thus two players (e.g. mages) are sufficient to slow down the adds from the two close heaps. As soon as the heart retracts, all ranged DPS nuke the adds.
The luck aspect of this fight is having XT-002 cast Tympanic Tantrum just before going into Enrage. This yields an extra 5–10 seconds DPS time, before he obliterates the raid. At this point, all healers (besides the one healing the Pummeler Tank) should give as much DPS as possible.
For additional hard mode loot, see Cache of Toys.
The following achievements are for the encounter's hard mode.
- New toys? For me? I promise I won't break them this time!
- Tympanic Tantrum
- NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
- XT-002 Deconstructor begins to cause the earth to quake.
- Killing a player
- I... I think I broke it.
- I guess it doesn't bend that way.
- Heart Revealed
- So tired. I will rest for just a moment!
- XT-002 Deconstructor's heart is exposed and leaking energy.
- Heart Closed
- I'm ready to play!
- I'm tired of these toys. I don't want to play anymore!
- You are bad... Toys... Very... Baaaaad
- Unused quotes
- Time for a new game! My old toys will fight my new toys!
25-man Hard mode encounter
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Loot from defeating XT-002 Deconstructor after destroying his heart has been moved to the Cache of Toys.
- Hotfix (2009-08-05):
- XT-002 Deconstructor will spawn in more adds for the regular 10-man raid. Focus on the extra Boombots that walk with the little Scrapbots so that they explode destroying the Scrapbots and each other. Before the patch, AoE from the players was used to bring the scrapbots down.
- XT-002 Deconstructor will now spawn in fewer adds.
- Hotfix (2009-06-11): The XT-002 Deconstructor encounter has received the following changes: the health of the heart has been slightly reduced in heroic difficulty and the rate at which Gravity Bomb and Searing Light are cast has been reduced.
- Hotfix (2009-05-19): The hit point increasing hard mode ability for XT-002 Deconstructor has been reduced to 50% in the 10 player Normal setting, and 60% in the 25 player Heroic setting. The corresponding damage increase for XT-002 has also been reduced to 15%. Life Sparks also have half of their previous hit point values.
- Hotfix (2009-05-04): The health of the Heart of the Deconstructor in the XT-002 Deconstructor encounter has been reduced.
- Hotfix (2009-04-28): The XT-002 Deconstructor encounter has received the following changes: The duration of Tympanic Tantrum has been reduced, the timer for XT-002 to hit berserk has been increased, the damage of Light Bomb has been reduced, the effect radius of Light Bomb has been reduced, and the health of XM-024 Pummeller has been reduced.
- Hotfix (2009-04-23): The damage of XT-002 Deconstructor's Gravity Bomb ability has been reduced.
- Hotfix (2009-04-22): The enrage timer on XT-002 Deconstructor has been increased.
- Hotfix (2009-04-21):
- All of the additional creatures spawned during the XT-002 Deconstructor encounter can now be snared in either difficulty.
- It will be slightly more difficult to skip Tympanic Tantrum on XT-002 Deconstructor.
- Hotfix (2009-04-17):
- Hotfix (2009-04-15): We have altered XT-002 Deconstructor's heart aggro radius down to 60 yards so players will no longer get stuck in combat when at the entrance to his room.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Added.