- For lore and background about the August Celestial, see Xuen.
|Title||<The White Tiger>|
|Location||The Celestial Court, Timeless Isle|
- Main article: Xuen
The trial of Xuen is simultaneously a test of strength and a test of restraint. When Xuen gave Emperor Shaohao a 10-foot-pole and asked him to strike one of Xuen's warriors, the Emperor could not land a blow. For without restraint, anger and hatred run wild. To pass the trial of the Tiger, warriors must harness their power, while burying their thoughts of violence.
- 526,281 - 785,984 Damage
- 24,840 Armor
- Spectral Swipe — Xuen swipes at players in a 15 yard cone, inflicting 300,000 Physical damage and reducing armor by 10% for 1 min.
- Leap — Leaps at a player, performing a Spectral Swipe upon landing.
- Crackling Lightning — Inflicts 50,000 Nature damage to players every 1 sec. and jumps to up to 5 nearby targets.
- Chi Barrage — Launches a barrage of Chi at players, inflicting 500,000 Nature damage to players within 3 yards of the impact locations.
- Agility — Increases haste by 300% for 1 min.
Xuen is generally seen as the second hardest of the four celestials, behind Yu'lon and ahead of Chi-ji and Niuzao. Two tanks are required.
Xuen's Spectral Swipe will apply a stacking armor debuff in a frontal cone, similar to the Iron Juggernaut. Tanks should switch at three stacks, keeping Xuen faced away from the raid. He will sometimes use Leap and slash a random player in the same fashion, so the raid should be spread out to avoid more than one person being slashed at once. Crackling Lightning is a strong raid-wide damage attack that must be healed through. When Xuen casts the magic Agility buff on himself, it must be dispelled or the tanks will most likely die. Lastly, Chi Barrage launches several hard to see Chi Bursts into the air which will crash down and do splash damage. These bursts must be dodged to avoid major damage.
- Tier 16 gloves and leggings
- Arena Season 15 epic necklaces, cloaks, bracers, gloves, boots and rings
- Emperor Shaohao yells: When my journey began, I was reckless with my strength. The white tiger taught me control. My hatred, anger, and violence were vanquished.
- Xuen yells: Strength is far more than simple physical prowess. When you are truly tested, will you be able to tell the difference between strength and power?
- Haha! The trial commences.
- Believe in your strength.
- You have the power to change your destiny.
- Chi Barrage
- Do not mistake the power that darkness offers for true strength.
- Killed a Player
- Return twice as powerful.
- Xuen yells: You are strong, stronger even than you realize. Carry this thought with you into the darkness ahead. Let it shield you.
- Emperor Shaohao yells: You have walked the trial of strength, and learned of the path of the white tiger. May you remember this lesson always.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-04-07): All world bosses in Mists of Pandaria are no longer tap-to-faction. Players from both factions that engage the world boss at the same time are now eligible for loot.
- Patch 5.4.7 (2014-02-18): Celestials now drop Season 15 Prideful Gladiator gear in place of Season 14 Grievous Gladiator gear.
- Hotfix (2013-12-02): The Celestials (Chi-Ji, Niuzao, Xuen, and Yu'lon) have their health reduced to 25% of original health. If more than 10 players from the same faction are engaged with the Celestial, their health will scale up. The health increase will cap at 100% of their original health with 40 players.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Added.