- For Ysondre's original appearance as a raid boss, see Ysondre (Classic).
|Race||Green dragon (Dragonkin)|
|Former affiliation(s)||Nightmare dragonflight|
|Occupation||Guardian of the Emerald Dream (formerly)|
|Status||Deceased (Killable), spirit within the Emerald Dream|
Dragons of Nightmare
In recent times, Ysera's most trusted lieutenants were warped by a dark new power within the Emerald Dream. These wayward sentinels then passed through the Great Trees into Azeroth, intending to spread madness and terror throughout the mortal kingdoms.
Once one of Ysera's most trusted lieutenants, Ysondre had gone rogue, sowing terror and chaos across the land of Azeroth. Her formerly beneficial healing powers had given way to dark magics, enabling her to cast smoldering lightning and summon the crazed spirits of druids trapped within the Emerald Dream to aid her.
Twisted and insane, Ysondre was bent on unleashing vengeance upon the mortal world as if Azeroth were the force behind the Emerald Dream's corruption.
With Emeriss and Lethon already dead, Ysondre asks for help from players to kill Taerar during a quest chain in Feralas. With that grim task finished, Ysondre is the last of the former Dragons of Nightmare, and although she has been saved from the nightmare, she states she can never return to the green dragonflight. She hopes that one day, she will be able to live a simple life, hidden among mortals.
Ysondre has been drawn back into the Nightmare and nightmares of her former comrades have joined her, completely consuming the Emerald Dreamway in shadows. She is ultimately slain, with Malfurion mourning her cruel fate.
After the defeat of Xavius, Ysondre's spirit along with the spirits of the other three former Dragons of Nightmare are seen in the restored Emerald Dream.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Dragons of Nightmare||??|
- It is interesting to note that when shouting out their challenges in their respective zones, the other dragons' quotes had words with negative effects ("DISEASE", "NIGHTMARE" and "SHADOW") in capitals, while Ysondre's word "LIFE" bore a strong meaning to druids and dragons alike.
- While the eyes of Lethon, Emeriss, and Taerar were wide open, Ysondre's eyes were closed. She also wears a blindfold in her elven form. This may or may not have something to do with the fact that she was the only one of the Dragons of Nightmare able to break free from the Nightmare's grasp.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Now a quest giver in Feralas instead of a raid boss.
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): Added.