|Pet family||Carrion Bird|
After killing a player, Zaricotl displays this emote:
- Zaricotl seems much calmer now that it has eaten the remains of <player>.
Notes and trivia
- His name takes inspiration from the Aztec language, Nahuatl. With "cotl" being a shortened "coatl" meaning serpent.
- Zaricotl may be named after Quetzalcoatl, considering his name's inspiration from Nahuatl.
- For a short period after eating the remains of a player, Zaricotl will not aggro players unless attacked.
- He used to drop a which started the quest . However, both the box and the quest were removed from the game.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Model updated.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Model updated. No longer a level 55 elite.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Zaricotl no longer drops an NYI (Not Yet In) quest item (the ) for Horde players.