Zen Flight is a monk ability, available at level 70 from the item . The exact speed is not displayed but appears to be +60% on the ground, and +100% while flying.
Although not as fast as a flying mount, it does have a few advantages. It is instant cast, and can be activated while falling. You cannot use spells or combat abilities, but mounts and items in your inventory can be activated without breaking flight even if they have a casting time. Quest and resource nodes can also be collected in the air, and enemy mobs without ranged abilities will ignore your presence as long as you are off the ground. It is especially convenient for fishing, as multiple pools can be quickly gone through without needing to find places to stand.
If an aggressive enemy switches you into combat, you will be "dismounted" (even if you are not taking damage) and will parachute to the ground.
Rather than for traveling, it is more of a specialized utility power to prevent fall damage and gather resources without interference from enemies, as well as changing flying mounts in mid-air. It cannot be activated during combat, so it is not an "escape" power like a Shaman's .
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now learned from instead of .
- Hotfix (2015-09-21): "Fixed an issue that could prevent Monks from being able to use Zen Flight in areas where they were able to use other flying mounts."
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): New icon. Previous one was shared with .
- Hotfix (2012-10-16): "Zen Flight now clears correctly on when moving between continents."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.